TURNING WASTE INTO WEALTH: PLASTIC RECYCLING PROCESS
Today, the most optimal and environmentally friendly method of recycling and obtaining secondary raw materials is the recycling of plastic waste. This helps to preserve natural resources, reduce oil consumption, decrease the volume of waste, and minimize carbon dioxide emissions.
The stages of plastic recycling are:
- Collection and sorting of plastic waste. This process is usually carried out in recycling centers or special enterprises that deal with waste processing. The collected waste is sorted by type of plastic to ensure the quality and purity of the material.
- Shredding the plastic into small pieces, usually called flakes. There are special machines that grind the waste into small particles. The result is a plastic flake that is ready for for the next stages of recycling.
- Cleaning and washing of plastic flakes. This stage removes contaminants and residues of other materials that may be present in the recycled plastic. After washing, the plastic material is ready for further processing.
- Plastic processing into granules. At this stage, plastic flakes are melted and fed through metering pumps to an extruder, where they are turned into granules. Plastic granules can have different shapes, sizes, and colors depending on their intended purpose.
- Packaging and storage of granules. Granules are packed in special bags and stored in warehouses for further use in the production of new plastic products.
High-quality pumping equipment is an important element in the plastic recycling process, as it affects the accuracy and stability of material flow, process efficiency, and the quality of the final product. To purchase the proper pumps, we recommend paying attention to the following characteristics:
- Flow capacity and material dosing accuracy;
- Material of the pump body and parts;
- Adjustability and pressure control;
- Compatibility with other system components, etc.
If you have any additional questions about pumping equipment in the plastic recycling process, our team will be happy to answer.